How To Play
Game Summary/Contest Rules
What if you woke up one day, and you were a Pokémon? In Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for Nintendo DS, for the first time, you will experience being an actual Pokémon! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team will also be available for the Game Boy Advance SP system. The adventure begins with you awakening to find that you have been turned into a Pokémon and you'll get to talk with other Pokémon and make friends along the way as you try to uncover your true purpose and mission.
Why do you think you turned into a Pokémon? The �Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Detectives� contest is your chance to explain this incredible transformation. Submit your artwork to www.nintendo.smugmug.com depicting why you have turned into a Pokémon and what your life as a Pokémon is like and you could win a Pokémon Prize Pack!
One grand prize winner of the �Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Detectives� contest will receive two Pokémon Prize Packs featuring two Nintendo DS Lite systems, two copies of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, two copies of the The Official Nintendo Power Player�s Guide for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and two Pokémon 10th Anniversary totes, hats and T-shirts--enough for you and a friend. Ten runner-ups will receive a Nintendo DS Lite, a copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and a copy of The Official Nintendo Power Player�s Guide for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
Using the Pokémon info below to help with your entry, get your creative Pokémon juices flowing and send us your artwork! To enter, all you have to do is go the www.nintendo.smugmug.com contest home page and:
1) Browse to upload your artwork and/or photo
2) Enter your email address
3) Review and agree to the contest rules and regulations. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian read and agree to the contest rules and regulations on your behalf.
Please submit your artwork in a JPEG digital format and in a visual artistic medium, which includes drawing, painting, graphic arts and photos. There is no size limit.
Here�s some inside information on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to help you create your artwork:
The Pokémon you become might be...
- Squirtle � A Water-type Pokémon. Squirtle�s rounded shell allows it to swim at high speeds.
- Cubone � A Ground-type Pokémon. Cubone cries when it sees the image of its mother in the Moon and tears have stained its helmet as a result.
- Torchic � A Fire-type Pokémon. Torchic glows with warmth when given a hug.
- Cyndaquil � A Fire-type Pokémon. Cyndaquil protects itself with flames on its back.
- Charmander� A Fire-type Pokémon. Charmander has a flame that burns on the tip of its tail, an indication of its emotions.
- Pikachu� An Electric-type Pokémon. Pikachu has electric storage pouches in its cheeks, that become electrically charged while it sleeps.
- Eevee� A Normal-type Pokémon. Eevee's unstable genetic make-up suddenly mutates due to the environment in which it lives.
- Chikorita� A Grass-type Pokémon. Chikorita waves the leaf attached to its head at foes in battle.
- Bulbasaur� A Grass/Poison-type Pokémon. Bulbasaur has a seed on its back that grows progressively larger when exposed to sun rays.
- Treecko� A Grass-type Pokémon. Treecko is a cool, calm and collected Pokémon, who will never back down from a bigger foe.
- Machop� A Fighting-type Pokémon. Some Machop travel the world in a quest to master all kinds of martial arts.
- Meowth� A Normal-type Pokémon. Meowth loves shiny coins that glitter with light.
- Skitty � A Normal-type Pokémon. Skitty is very playful and enjoys chasing around its own tail.
- Totodile� A Water-type Pokémon. Totodile has powerful jaws despite its small size.
- Mudkip� A Water-type Pokémon. Mudkip breathes through gills on its face and is powerful enough to crush rocks bigger than itself.
- Psyduck� A Water-type Pokémon. Psyduck cannot remember using its mysterious power because it goes into an altered state when using them.
The Pokémon you have become may say things like...
- "Let's keep at this!"
- "We're going to do this together!"
- "Let's give it our best!"
- "I want to do good. I want to help Pokémon like that."
- "Don't worry about a thing. We'll rescue your friend first."
Now that you�re a Pokémon here are some tips to consider to help you on your journey in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon�
- Pay attention to the kind of dungeon you are entering - some dungeons have bad weather that can hurt you!
- Make sure to store any extra money you have at the bank before going into a dungeon.
- Friend Areas allow you to make more Pokémon friends. Buy as many as you can early in the game!
- Throw Gravelerocks from a distance to damage enemies before they get close.
- Many of the Wonder Orbs work best when used with certain items. Learn the best way to use them all.